Sunday, March 15, 2009

Knitting, Round 2...

Well, I began knitting two weeks ago. (Really I began about 18 months ago, with the sock project; more on that later.) When enough time passed so that I forgot the sock incident, I decided to try again. I figured that if I used bigger needles and thicker yarn, and started with a beginner project like a scarf, then I might have a better chance at succeeding. Also, I had started following some yarn spinners, hi SimplyTwisted! on twitter.com, and one night bought some nice nice interesting yarn. I thought of this yarn as a goal, and started knitting a scarf with the cheap yarn I bought at Michael's.

I've had some really great support, mostly from people on the Internet; a couple of friends and there are some amazing how-to-knit videos. I am still looking for a local shop or group that I fit into though. I've made a few mistakes with this first green scarf-one night I noticed that my stitches didn't look quite right, and so waited till I
could get some help-but I'm not letting that stop me.


Anyway, here I am at the beginning...

D :)

1 comment:

  1. what a handsome boy you are going to be in this beautiful scarf! tailor made for you!
    i must see you in person! will it be ready by next fall?

    ReplyDelete